Ramanujan IT City (SEZ)
Ramanujan IT city has been established as a tribute to the legendary mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. It is located in an expeditiously developing IT corridor centralized to emerge as a platform to expedite the possibilities of India’s IT knowledge capital and serve as a destination for Foreign Direct Investment. One of the key factors that make it suitable for these purposes is its strategic location which is close to all modes of transportation like the MRTS( local train), Bus Station, international & domestic airport, key residential areas, shopping districts, schools and the beach. It is divided into two zones- the Processing Zone and Non-Processing Zone. The processing zone has 4.5 million sq. feet of office space with 5 levels of car park, 2 ½ acres of lush greenery, landscaped podiums with informal seating, a Zen garden, amenities like a Food Court, Bank, ATMs, Gymnasium etc and covered walkways connecting all towers.
- It is equipped with 100% fully automatic backup DG with N +1 configuration sustained for lighting, power, and air conditioning
- It has been commissioned to be east/west facing to minimize solar heat gain
- It has digital simulation and analysis tools to optimize glass and window-to-wall ratios
- It established with a combination of passive design and active systems to accommodate not only with Indian Energy Conservation Codes but also the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Standards (ASHRAE). Energy consumption is approximately 15% lower than internationally recognized ASHRAE-energy compliance standards
- Ramanujan IT City maintains off-grid facilities, channel the cooling effects of prevailing monsoon winds, provides shaded public amenities and uses local materials for architecture and landscape design.